{ T }

Pt. Loma National Monument, Pt. Loma, California

My slightly obstructed view of the Pacific Ocean. I got so lost in thought that the record heat gave me the worst sunburn. Ah, summer has hit San Diego.

I recently got around to purchasing a Lensbaby but it’s been sitting in my camera bag untouched for more than a month. Work and home life have just been too crazy to take time to learn how to use the lens. But Thursday I was able to spend the afternoon at the tidepools in Pt. Loma soaking in the sun and goofing off with the new Lensbaby 2.0.

Being that it was such a bright sunny day, I had to shoot with the f/8 aperture ring at about 1000th/sec. It took a couple shots to get used to the focus and manipulating the location of the sweet spot but once I got the hang of it, I fell in love with it. Being able to see that sweet spot move around gave me the same sense of satisfaction I got the first time I used a Horseman. Of course, the images aren’t any where as crisp and clean as a Horseman but that’s not the point is it?

No, this is about immediate satisfaction... about seeing things in a different way... about being excited to shoot again… and most importantly, it’s about being reminded of the reason you picked up a camera in the first place all those years ago...

Getting out there and making images.

Comments

Popular Posts