I am a rock

“As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God.” ~ Swami Vivekananda



"I am a rock," 17 mile drive, Carmel-by-the Sea, California

As any casual observer of my photography might have figured out by now, I love water. Always have. I remember when I first got my drivers license and would get anxious or down or whatever other 'end of the world' emotion a typical teenager would be overcome with, it was the water I drove to to find solace.

 The gentle, rhythmic movement of the water would slowly creep into my body, calming me, renewing my faith and reminding me that there is something bigger than myself out there…I would meditate on it. Pray. And then mentally release my worries into the water and let it carry them away. 

I visit the ocean often, even all these years later. I could never live away from it. 

I always feel so much closer to God when in the presence of its power. 

Comments

  1. i'm so with you on the prose under this gorgeous photo... and the Swami's quote rings so true.

    i was lucky to grow up near Lake Michigan and then here near the Pacific Ocean. My fave place on Earth is up near where this photo was taken, in Pacific Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Kleo! I agree, this area is lovely. How fortunate are we to live in this state? There is so much varied beauty here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts