{ words } goodbye 2010. hello 2011.

As the year draws to a close, it's time for my annual look back. 


But this time, I will not dwell on the if only's. 


I will not berate myself for the deeds left undone. 


I will not go into the new year with self-loathing for expectations not met. 


This year, I vow to be grateful for the things I do have: a (relatively) healthy parental unit; four beautiful and strong sisters that each had their own trials and joys this year but are nonetheless the cornerstone of my life; aunties and a grandmother that no matter how bad any of us louse it up, are nonetheless steadfast in their love; a job, however difficult it can be to make ends meet sometimes, still allows me to keep a roof over my head; a new fur child that has brought more joy (and frustration!) into my life than I've had in a very long time. And last but not least, a few good friends who keep me grounded in the reality of my life and not the overblown disaster that I sometimes make it out to be in my head.


I say goodbye to 2010 and look forward to new beginnings, new creative avenues and with a renewed faith that life can be joyous if you open yourself up to the possibilities. 


Happy New Year! 

Comments

Popular Posts