So are those strawberries on your grill or are you just happy to see me?

Strawberries_3450x

Auntie texted messaged me Sunday night to let me know that she had picked up strawberries at the strawberry fields in Carlsbad just in case I wanted any. Did I want any? Uh, yes. 

So Monday, after work I stopped off to pick up my baby, who is right now trying to distract me from typing by being super duper cute. 

Starbuckpayattention

She’s learned how to jump up on to the dining chair next to where I sit typing away at my keyboard. And she licks and licks until I pet her. Mission accomplished. 

So, anywhoooo … I picked up my baby and headed over to Grandma’s to pick up the strawberries from Auntie. 

Strawberries_3465x

As usual, they did not disappoint. They were big, red, juicy.

Strawberries_3442x

And although they were delicious as is, I was itching to try something. 

Something extreme. Something Auntie suggested when I picked them up: "What about grilling them?" she asked. Grilling them? Now that sounds interesting. 

Strawberries_3469x

So I did. I grilled a banana and some strawberries and served them with a scoop two scoops of French vanilla ice cream.

Strawberries_3471x

Heavenly. 

Grilled Banana & Strawberries with Cream

serves 2

  • 1 banana, peeled and quartered
  • 6 large strawberries, stems cut off, halved lengthwise
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 4 scoops French vanilla ice cream
  • 2 tablespoons preserves, any berry flavor on hand
  1. Heat grill to medium high (400˚F)
  2. Place the butter in a bowl. Add the bananas and strawberries. Stir to coat.
  3. Using tongs, carefully place fruit on grill. Cook for 4 minutes and use a spatula to carefully flip. Cook for 4 minutes and then remove strawberries. Cook bananas for an additional 2 minutes.
  4. Divide fruit between two serving dishes. Add 2 scoops of ice cream to each. 
  5. Place preserves in a microwave safe dish and warm for 15 secs. Remove, stir and drizzle over each dish.

Until next time …

Ani

 

Comments

Popular Posts