LIGHTING HOW TO :: It's all smoke and mirrors!

I've been using mirrors for years in the studio to fill shadows and create drama. I've taught others to use this technique and they too have loved the pop it gives photographs.

When done really well, using mirrors can look a little like painting with light which is how I created the beer photo.

While perusing YouTube for inspiration this afternoon, I happened upon this tutorial on using mirrors  with one light source to light up a tabletop scene. It's so simple to do and once you get the hang of it, you can really get some dramatic results. Here's the tutorial:




If you're looking to expand your working knowledge of studio work, I suggest you hop on over to Jim's site at ProPhotoLife.com. He offers great basic tutorials on working in the studio.

Until next time,
Ani

Comments

Popular Posts