Summer lovin'…

Tree at Tecolote
Tecolote Shores North, Mission Bay Park, San Diego, CA

The last three days San Diego has had the most a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y GORGEOUS weather! I walk out the door to leave for work and it's warm, blue skies shining down on me and the smells of summer are in the air. My favorite kinda weather. And it's so hard to go to work when all I wanna do is play in the sunshine.

Lunch at Tecolote
Today it was particularly difficult to go to work. The moment I walked outside, I plopped down on my back steps like a four year old who hasn't a care in the world and took a moment to bask in the sun. It made me late but a part of me just didn't care. I was getting a much needed dose of soul warming, skin blushing SUNSHINE.

After a few minutes, I walked back inside my house, straight for my office, dumped out my purse, grabbed my lovely new fashionista camera bag, dropped in my wallet, iPod, cell and headed back out and in to start my shift at the newspaper.

Come 4pm, I still hadn't taken my lunch break and I still had a few hours left on my shift. I looked out the window and for the first time in a while, was able to get time in to leave the building for "lunch."

I headed towards Fiesta Island, which is only a few minutes from the newspaper, first swinging by Carls Jr. to grab a salad and diet coke.

This part of Mission Bay is dotted with coves, shores, parks and I settled on Tecolote Shores North which reminds me of my youth. As a family, we spent a lot of time in the area and it holds lots of great memories for me.

There were some guys practicing soccer, some folks jogging, others rollerblading but for the most part, the park was sparsely populated and I loved it! 45 minutes flew by but I enjoyed every minute of it.

If the weather is awesome again tomorrow, I might just have to do a repeat.

Comments

Popular Posts